A whole food plant based diet is a carbohydrate-rich diet... and that is a good thing!!! This is because carbohydrates are the preferred fuel source for each of the 10 trillion cells in your body.
In this episode we get a little sciencey to discuss some critical information to understand so you can fuel your body optimally.
DISCLAIMER: We do NOT recommend counting macronutrients, or any other nutritional metric for that matter, including calories!
ADDITIONALLY, "carbs" are NOT a food group! ALL whole plant foods contain ALL macronutrients, along with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients that synergistically support your metabolism and health.
Some important takeaways include...
You may also be interested in these episodes...
- End Sugar Cravings for Good - https://www.alter.health/episode167
- Master Diabetes with Cyrus Khambatta - https://www.alter.health/episode174
- Food Combining to Optimize Digestion and Metabolism - https://www.alter.health/episode175
Links to learn more
- SHOW NOTES: https://www.alter.health/episode201
- JOIN PLANT BASED & STRESS FREE FB GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/alter...
- TAKE OUR ONLINE COURSE: https://www.alter.health/course
- SUPPORT US ON PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/alterhealth
- GET OUR BOOK: https://amzn.to/2tmiOz3
- APPLY TO WORK WITH US: https://www.alter.health/holistic-i
Links to some more good stuff
- Get the Alter Health weekly WFPB Meal Guides: https://www.alter.health/meal-guides
- Cleanse with Us during the next Alter Health Cleanse: https://www.alter.health/cleanse
- Work with us in the Thrive on Plants program: https://www.alter.health/thrive-on-plants