The topic of RAW vs COOKED food is commonly brought up in the plant-based world. Which is superior? Should I be eating more raw food? What if I don't like to eat raw food, is eating mostly cooked okay? Are there any benefits or risks to eating strictly raw?
It's good to be asking these questions! As you probably know, eating a plant-based diet is not entirely fool proof. In fact we work with people everyday, most of whom are "all in" on the plant-based lifestyle, but aren't yet achieving health goals due to the need for some nutritional fine-tuning (or also the need to address other essential determinants of health - air, water, sleep, movement, mind, etc).
The short answer to the question at hand is that "raw" and "cooked" foods each have their benefits, and most people should be eating plenty of both!
We will get into the finer details in today's episode.
RAW vs COOKED Highlights
Links to some more good stuff
- SPRING CLEANSE Starts April 7th - Join now and save $20! www.alter.health/cleanse
- ALL NEW EAT MORE, WEIGH LESS PROGRAM - www.alter.health/eat-more-weigh-less
- 1-on-1 Nutritional Analysis Package - www.alter.health/nutritional-analysis
- Get the Alter Health weekly WFPB Meal Guides: www.alter.health/meal-guides
- Work with us in the Thrive on Plants program: www.alter.health/thrive-on-plants