This is a little follow up on the last episode, #357 - Why I'm No Longer Vegan.
That episode was intended to share my perspective on Veganism and the reasons why I don't identify as part of the "vegan movement." Long story short, while most of the foods I eat and encourage others to as well are indeed vegan (with the exception of honey!), veganism is so much more than just a way of eating, as many have rightfully pointed out to me throughout my life. Generally speaking, I think it's important to stay away from the blind following of ideologies and rather call upon more critical thinking, especially when it comes to our own health and wellbeing.
This leads to today's episode - 11 Reasons Why I Eat Whole Food Plant Based (distinct from "vegan")
Each one of these reasons is an endless rabbit hole in and of itself, which has probably been covered in great detail in prior Podcast episodes. Of course each of these points is very much backed by rigorous science, but delving into that is not the purpose of this episode. I hope this bigger picture overview connects you with the important considerations when navigating your nutrition and life habits.
Now here are the 11 reasons:
IMPORTANT YEAR END ANNOUNCEMENTS
1) The next WFPB Challenge is coming right up starting December 31st - yes, New Year's Eve!
2) The Alter Health Winter Cleanse is starting January 13th!
Links to some more good stuff
- ALL NEW EAT MORE, WEIGH LESS PROGRAM - www.alter.health/eat-more-weigh-less
- 1-on-1 Nutritional Analysis Package - www.alter.health/nutritional-analysis
- Get the Alter Health weekly WFPB Meal Guides: www.alter.health/meal-guides
- Work with us in the Thrive on Plants program: www.alter.health/thrive-on-plants