The liver has been named very appropriately - It lives you!
Of course all vital organs are essential to keep you vital, but the liver has many, many central roles.
Some of the 500+ liver functions include...
storage of amino acids
storage of glycogen
balancing of hormones
bile production (fat digestion)
processing blood cells/clearance of bilirubin
and of course DETOXIFICATION
Some say the liver detoxifies naturally so we don't need any specific "cleansing" strategies. This is true, BUT, only when the liver is provided to proper nutrients and resources!
Put simply, the liver has its hands full. This is especially true in todays day and age when thousands of environmental toxins ubiquitous in food, air, and water accumulate to potential overburden the liver to create "sluggishness," "fatty liver," and potentially more serious liver inflammation and disease.
We have two primary responsibilities to ensure a healthy functioning liver that is capable of keeping up with detoxification duties:
1) Avoid undue burden of environmental toxins in food, air, and water
2) Load up on liver-healing phytonutrients that promote natural detox pathways
In today's episode we cover the scientifically proven ways to strategically keep toxic load low and liver function high.
Join us live each Monday at 12 PT / 3 ET on the Alter Health YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/alterhealth
Some highlights from today's episode on LIVER DETOXIFICATION...
For more on liver health and detox info, check out these episodes:
Links to some more good stuff
- Get the Alter Health weekly WFPB Meal Guides: https://www.alter.health/meal-guides
- Cleanse with Us during the next Alter Health Cleanse: https://www.alter.health/cleanse
- Work with us in the Thrive on Plants program: https://www.alter.health/thrive-on-plants
- ATTN Health Practitioners! Learn more and apply to the Plant Based Mind Body Practitioner Program: https://www.alter.health/pbmb-practitioner
Peace and Love.