The work being done at HeartMath Institute has deeply resonated and intrigued me for years. I've studied heart rate variability and cardiac coherence in my own body and have experienced the power of connecting my heart space and breath with emotional health, stress resilience, and overall health and wellbeing.
It was such an honor and pleasure to connect with Dr. Rollin McCraty, the director of research at HeartMath, and dive deep, but not TOO deep, into some of the heart science that has been uncovered over the last few decades.
We talk about how so many metaphors - following the heart, trusting the heart, opening the heart, we're all one, love is medicine - are actually not metaphors, but scientifically validated realities.
Some highlights include...
- Rollin's background and journey that led him to connect with Doc Childre and co-create the HeartMath institute
- The science of Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and cardiac coherence
- How stress and emotions influence HRV and create risk factor for all disease
- The connection between cardiac coherence, intuition, and synchronicity
- How global and cosmic energies influence human energetic systems
- The power of "Global Coherence" to transmute stress and problems of modern times
- Hope for the future and the evolution of consciousness
You may also be interested in these mental health and spirituality episodes...
ENJOY! And don't forget to RATE, REVIEW, and SHARE this episode with someone who may benefit from hearing this content.
Links to learn more
Links to some more good stuff
- Get the Alter Health weekly WFPB Meal Guides: https://www.alter.health/meal-guides
- Cleanse with Us during the next Alter Health Cleanse: https://www.alter.health/cleanse
- Work with us in the Thrive on Plants program: https://www.alter.health/thrive-on-plants